Zenoss is a free open-source network management platform which is designed based on the Zope applications server. This platform has been released under the GPL version 2 and it provides monitoring and configuring tools just like Nagios for managing IT infrastructures and their performances and events.
Timeline of the platform
In 2002, developer Erik Dahl started working on the platform and in august 2005, together with Bill Karpovich, he founded Zenoss Inc. In 2006 the platform was made available on SourceForge and in November the same year 1.0 version was released. Following several releases spanning several years, the 4.2.0 version was released in August 2012.
Overview of the technology
This platform combines original programming with other open-source projects, integrating both data storage and collection processes with a user interface which is web based. The Core platform was developed by using several open-source technologies. The Python programming language was used and so was the Zope Application server which was also written in Python. The platform also uses the Net-SNMP monitoring protocol which can collect information regarding system status. In the development of the platform several open-source databases were used as well, such as the popular MySQL.
Zenoss Core can use SNMP, WMO and SSH in order to monitor the availability of network devices and it can also monitor network services such as HTTP, POP3 and FTP. This platform can also monitor devices performance and it provides users with event management tools. The platform also allows users to define and configure rule sets for the alert system which also automates responses based on various issues.
Supported operating systems
Up until the 4.0 version, this platform can support Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE and OpenSUSE, Centos, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and a few more operating systems. There are also other Linux versions which will work with the stack installers provided and so will some Unix versions.
ZenPacks allow community members to customize the platform in order to increase its functionality by being provided with a plug-in architecture. Users who create their ZenPacks are free to license them in any way they want to. The resulting custom ZenPacks can then be encapsulated in Python eggs which can be used in monitored infrastructure components.
The enterprise edition
There is also an enterprise version which keeps the core functions while adding many additional features and commercial support. The Zenoss enterprise edition also provides enterprise users with certified application monitors which are specifically aimed at Microsoft SQL and Exchange.
Turmeric is a highly praised herb and food ingredient in India and for thousands of year’s people there have been using it to cook mouthwatering dishes and also to alleviate various types of pains and conditions. In fact, you can also choose to use turmeric if you want to have healthier skin and if you don't know how to do that, then have no worries since we're going to tell you more about it below.
Buying turmeric capsules
A lot of people may not be able to purchase turmeric from their local stores and if you're one such person, then you should know that you can always consider taking turmeric capsules that can easily be found online. The better ones contain fifteen hundred milligrams per serving and therefore are very effective right from the first dose. On top of improving the way your skin looks, they can also improve your vision, alleviate joint pain and improve liver function.
Before turmeric can be applied on your skin, you need to make a paste out of it. To do that, you should mix some oil and then as much turmeric as needed to get a mushy paste. After making the paste, all you need to do is carefully apply it on your face or any other area that may be cut, bruised or affected by eczema and\or psoriasis. Better yet, when you apply it on your face you can effectively reduce the effects of premature aging. On top of that, it also gives your skin a healthy glow and relieves chapped lips.
Other medical benefits
Recently scientists have made a new discovery about turmeric saying that it can also be used for treating different types of cancers and also Alzheimer's disease. Not only that, but you can also use it in order to treat IBS, liver conditions and digestive problems. Just make sure you follow the usage directions properly and you'll be able to get the relief you're looking for.
Using it properly
As previously mentioned, you can easily use turmeric in supplement form, but at the same time you can also use it through cooking. On the other hand, if you have pure turmeric, then you can go ahead and combine it with other ingredients, including coconut oil in order to make a lotion that greatly improves skin tone and hydrates it properly. Enjoy feeling healthier and having beautiful skin!
Having your own personal blog is fun. You can make it your own personal space on the web. A place to share your personal thoughts, opinions, photos, experiences and many other creative things. Some people would want to have their own blog but think that it's so difficult to create. But WordPress offer easiest way to start a blog. It makes it much easy and fun to start your own blog.
How to Create a WordPress Blog
- Go to the WordPress website and then click the sign up button.
- Choose a username and password. You will have to include your email address through which they can contact you. Agree to their blog terms and then hit next. Your username would be the beginning of the website address.
- You will receive an email confirmation in your email. Click confirm and it would bring the link to start your blog site. You can now start setting up your webpages.
- Choose a proper design theme for your webpages. Scan through the theme list and choose the one that you like and it would automatically bring the background. Some themes may come with an option of changing the pictures in them.
- After choosing your design, create your welcome page. Simply go to write, and choose pages. You will get a feed where you can write your thoughts.
- There are many options when it comes to creating your pages. You can choose various widgets to improve your webpages. Widgets have a small code that links you to another website, page or photo. Some widgets can link users to weather websites, photo albums on Facebook or Twitter, or another blogging website, such as MySpace. You may also add photos, subtitles or additional webpage links to your websites.
- Each web blog has page and post setups. First, click on create a page, name the page and then write something about the page. You can edit the pages whenever you want by clicking on the manage pages.
- There is another section for adding posts. Posts are just information that you would want to appear on your webpages. Your posts can be linked to your pages through widgets. There is also an option of feeding your posts to your other existing blogs. This allows the online community to comment on your posts.
WordPress is a very easy platform for creating blogs. In most cases, it will take you through every step. WordPress also allows you to create more than one blog.